our little angel

our little angel

Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy 8 months!

Many things have happened since my last post! For one, Rob's mother and sister are here visiting. They arrived Thursday around 1:30 and they are pretty busy visiting and sightseeing. Hailey is really happy to have them here :) So am I! Plus it's always nice to have extra hands and extra entertainment for Hailey.
So far, we've been to Whistler and Pemberton area. Hailey did excellent with driving and napping on the go (except when we were coming home past her bed time she didn't sleep in the car). She quickly fell asleep once we got home though! The highlight of the day was when her auntie Alyssa "vultured" the baby swing until the mom got pissed and yanked her older child out of there. Come on seriously though, who hogs the one baby swing for like 30 min when there's tons of younger babies around who can't swing in a regular swing, when their child clearly can! Ah well, it was worth it cause Hailey loves the swing.
That same day her first little tooth erupted! Her 8-1, in other words her front bottom tooth (the one to the right). The funny thing is, she wasn't overly fussy and slept well all week. I was waiting for this explosion of crankiness all night with me holding her etc etc. Super happy about that, that's my girl!
Yesterday (Sunday)we went to the Vancouver aquarium. It was sooooooo busy. So many people.  I think at first it was a bit overwhelming for her as she was kinda wining a bit. After we got outside to the dolphin area and she had a bite to eat and some milk she was fine! She loved the dolphin show and the penguins were her favorite. I held her close to the glass and they were swimming up to her and she tried to catch them! It was the sweetest thing I've seen in a while! That being said, her grammy bought her a penguin stuffy from the shop! Little spoiled monkey! Oh and she also loved the butterflies in the tropical zone.
Today she is 8 months! My goodness. I have to say she is such a happy and fun baby! I don't for one moment regret any of the choices I've made. Plus firmly sticking to her routine really paid off in the end.

New developments:
Weight: still under 17 pounds at 16 lbs 6 oz. (she is steadily gaining and was a small baby so it's fine)
Height: 28 inches
New skills: can stand leaning on the couch, mastered the pincer grasp (she can grab my wedding band with a thumb and index finger), holds her own bottle, can drink from a cup (with my help but tries to grab it on her own)
Foods: plums, pears, banana, avocado (and a mixture of both), chicken, sweetpotato, squash, greenbeans, peas, carrots, mango, apple, peaches, mixed grains, and a little bit of watermelon. (sucking on the juice).


No comments:

Post a Comment