our little angel

our little angel

Monday, July 2, 2012

7 months

Hailey turned 7 months this weekend! I can't believe she's more than half way to a year old, time flies! I  didn't really get any pics as Rob had my camera along with his for a side project he was doing on Saturday. We will get some better pics at some point this month though!
As for her stats. I didn't visit the doctor yet, but I know she's still somewhere between 16 and 17 lbs, not sure of her length.
Her new discoveries include: sitting on her own..yay!! (she had mama worried there for a bit), not only does she sit unassisted but can play with her toys that way too for about 5-10 min:), (then she gets bored of it haha), lots of blabbering, more blowing raspberries, and twisting around in her activity bouncer.
She doesn't roll around as much as she did a week ago but instead started holding her feet again. She did this before but then stopped when she figured out rolling and now she went back to feet holding again haha (babies are interesting).
She is onto meats now. The pediatricians in North America are starting to recommend earlier meat/poultry introduction, which I totally agree with. It's pack loaded with the iron and protein for all that energy they are exerting right now. Not to mention all the good fats they need.
A little off topic but I recently watched a documentary on diets in North America. When I say diet I mean the foods we eat, not weight watchers lol. It went on to explain how we are totally mis informed about cholesterol and the food guides and how we are drilled to eat grains when vegetable oil and soybean oil is soooo bad for us but it's a huge multimillion dollar industry. It had lots of credible references and all the science behind it is exactly what they talk about to people with diabetes. It's very interesting and it definitely makes me think twice about what I want to feed to Hailey.
Ok, back to her feeding. So, we tried chicken. She, well...she liked it. It wasn't her favorite like bananas  or cereal but she ate it anyway. We also revisited carrots and no gagging this time! Another thing I noted about food was I think she had a reaction to apples. I'm still not sure. I noticed a rash behind her ears on her neck and my first thought was drool while she sleeps. Then I thought, maybe the amber necklace she has on all the time. Then I thought but why suddenly and not before. She got it at day 3 of trying apples...my mother has an allergy to apples. Coincidence? I will wait until the rash goes away (which by the way is clearing up when I stopped giving her apples), then I will try again maybe next month to see.
Anyway, here is the day before 7 months!
Here's the link to Fat head, the documentary. He has a wholes site. http://www.fathead-movie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment