our little angel

our little angel

Friday, June 22, 2012

Dexterity exercises

   I've been so wrapped up lately with getting her to practice sitting up, that I haven't really been elaborating on the techniques that she does so well. So, upon searching the web, I came upon a couple of fun activities listed per month of the babies age. This included some exercises to improve dexterity and/or the pincer grasp. Hailey handles her toys pretty well so I thought it would be fun to just play!
First, I gave her a little picture album, you know the ones that are just 4x6 and all plastic. This was perfect for her to learn how to grab the pages and with her fingers, since the plastic is slippery,light and won't tear! Plus she gets to see pictures of recognizable faces as an added bonus:)





Next, we did "arts and crafts" where I gave her a fat marker and construction paper. She just hits the crayon on the page haha...but it's still practicing the grasp! I then tore up the construction paper which she enjoyed the sound of. Then I crinkled the page into a ball and gave it to her so she could crinkle it too...she loved this! 
By the way, I have no photo of the crayon since I wanted to watch her so she didn't poke herself!

Finally, we played with bubbles!!! Yay bubbles, who doesn't like bubbles! This was just a fun activity for visual stimulation and auditory. I blew bubbles in a cup which is unexpected noise. Then I made some home made bubble solution and used this rubber ring thing I had laying around to make the bubbles for visual. I even added some red food coloring for some pink bubbles :) 
I need to go to shopping for some straws so I can blow some better bubbles out of the cup!
For a rainy day, it was pretty exciting! 

Here's the link I used:

and here's another link of activities I've pinned so far on pinterest which I look forward to trying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment