our little angel

our little angel

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

FOOD!!!

I noticed the last few feeds that in addition to drinking a full bottle Hailey devoured her ounce of veggies or fruit. So, I decided it was time to try and increase the amount of solids. I decided to try giving her a veggie and a fruit for one of her meals today. So, of course, I went out and got her a split plate since I only had bowls. I held up two plates and got Hailey to choose one. She reached out and smiled at this one...

I thought it was a good choice. I liked this one more too! hehe. 
We also tried apples for the first time today. I was hesitant to try apples because my mom is allergic. Rob and I don't have any problems with apples and I was sure it would be ok since apples are low risk for allergies, but I still had that "what if" feeling. So, far she seems ok and she really loved it! I can't wait to try pears and make a apple/pear/cinnamon treat! 
We tried zucchini before apple but I stopped after two days. I know were supposed to wait at least 4 days but I noticed an increase in fussiness those two days and even though she's teething I felt like it was the zucchini. I read that because you leave the skin (for the vitamins/minerals) that some babies find it tough to digest. So, we'll leave that one for a bit later! 
She really enjoys solids and being spoon fed. Sometimes I make the puree a little chunkier than others and she still likes it. No problems so far. When she gets a little more interested in playing with her food I'll start giving her some soft finger foods!
So, here's more pics of feeding time :)





No comments:

Post a Comment