our little angel

our little angel

Friday, April 13, 2012

Mom, I got this!

We had Hailey's 4 month immunizations today and she handled it like a pro! After all she's been through, these tiny needles were nothing! I gave her a bit of baby tylenol before hand..and I have no shame in it. We did it last time and after having a community health nurse ask ME if I had tylenol to give to her before hand (without me even brining it up), confirmed that it is the right choice for Hailey and I. It's not for "avoiding pain" but simply an aid in avoiding a fever. (Sort of like how we get some people to take an Advil before getting a dental procedure done.) It's not necessary but it's not harmful either..unless of course there's an allergy to it. That being said, I would rather pre medicate and have less of a chance to deal with a huge fever afterwards.
Ok, enough of that rant. I shouldn't have to justify my parenting style/techniques anyway, after all, there is no right or wrong way, but the one way that works for you :)
That aside, Hailey had a "wine up" cry as I call them where she is about to start bawling but then that was it. She barely had any cry at all! It was amazing! I quickly realized that I wasn't nervous or worked up at all, coincidence? I think not! It's true that they feed off of our emotions and that was very apparent today when I had no tears, not even a lump in my throat and Hailey was absolutely fine! She even had me laughing afterwards! On the walk home, she was in her stroller observing her hand! She kept rotating it and staring at it intently like she just discovered something remarkable! Now, she is fast asleep. I love her especially when she is a rockstar like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment