our little angel

our little angel

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Freaking out!

So last night was the same deal..maybe even worse! She fell asleep at 8:30 and seemed so peaceful then BAM starts crying like crazy like she's being tortured! After a few minutes of white noise, she fell back asleep and I thought well this isn't too bad. Then at about 11:30 she wakes up screaming again. When I changed her, she had blood in her poop again and she looked like she had such a hard time passing it! Even while I was changing her she still had more coming out and seeing those tears poor down her face just broke my heart in a million little pieces. I was extremely frustrated with her until I saw that it was pure pain causing her to cry like that. I just broke down and cried right along with her.
I was going to bring her to the emergency but she soon fell asleep for the night. Even though, we've been trying to get her to sleep in her crib, tonight was NOT one of those nights..I just wanted to hold her all night!
Today I called the paediatrician as soon I knew they would be open and was able to speak with her. She now wants Hailey to get tested for Meckel's Diverticulum which is a pouch on the intestine made during prenatal development that is usually absorbed before birth and it produces acid like the lining of the stomach but the intestines can't tolerate it. Diagnosis is made by a scan at Children's Hospital. If it is that..it possibly means surgery! :(. I am so scared and as my title says "freaking out".
It is difficult as it is raising a baby, not to mention being across the Country from your family and now with possibly surgery!! I hope and pray to God that it isn't and that its just her intolerance to dairy. The doctor was mainly concerned as to the amount of pain she was in which is the reasoning behind the further testing. At least with the scan they can tell where the bleeding is coming from.
All I want is for a healthy/happy baby. Please say a little prayer for Hailey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment