our little angel

our little angel

Monday, March 19, 2012

Public BFing

Today I would like to rant about breastfeeding in public. I remember a day where I found it kinda weird/strange for mother's to do that..especially when it's at a mall. My thoughts were that why would you be at the mall hanging out when you could be at home breastfeeding in private where you would be more comfortable. Not once did I ever think, well maybe they had to come for something and the baby got hungry especially when you are demand feeding..which is inevitable when they are so young!
This happened to me today. We were out for something, thought we'd be back on time for her feed but she just got a little fussy sooner than what I had expected, so we headed to the food court where I could feed her and also get a bite to eat ourselves. I quickly realized that people around me could possibly be thinking the exact same thing I used to think.." look at her feeding at the mall when she should be at home!" or maybe I'm the only who thought that haha. Regardless, it happens. It's not like I was at the mall cause I have a shopping addiction and would rather be there then at home.
Today however, maybe it's because its March break for some schools but there were so many people at the mall. This made it a bit challenging to be in a corner somewhere private. So I thought "whatever!", I have my breastfeeding cover with me, she's hungry, people see more skin on a regular basis anyway. Plus, I think its more embarrassing for those who notice than it is for the mom which is something our society needs to get over!
It was a little awkward at first but it was easier than I had anticipated and as a result, we could continue on with our day without having to rush home. My only little beef was the little boy sitting in the booth behind kept asking why Hailey was crying (as I'm getting her ready to feed). I tell him well its because she's hungry and he's just hanging over..why didn't the father who could see us not get his kid to turn around..well if he got his first flash of boob by me, it's not my problem!
Other than that here are some pics to enjoy...



"Look at me, I'm so cute in my little hooded vest"

"I love bubble baths!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment