our little angel

our little angel

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sleep FAIL

So the night before last, Hailey fell asleep pretty well after her bath and feed. I slept with her as per usual but when she woke up for her 2 am feed, I put her in her crib to try it out. Sure enough, she slept in there pretty well and lasted until her next feed at around 5 am.
LAST night, however, was a whole different story. Yesterday as a whole, I could tell she was just a bit more fussy. I knew it was going to be like that all day when she wasn't napping for more than 30 min at a time which just makes it worse! She was tired, I could tell by her cry and she was yawning all day but its like she wouldn't let herself nap! When Rob got home I was just EXHAUSTED from walking around with her, that he took over for a bit. He put the white noise on in her room and she fell asleep at around 8 which is her normal time to fall asleep. I was super happy, so I took her from him and went to our normal sleeping spot. She lasted maybe a whole 10 min then she woke up screeching!!!
So I put the white noise back on, which usually does the trick but nothing! I tired wrapping her in her miracle blanket (aka the straight jacket as we call it) put her in her swing. This technique we use when all else fails..NOTHING. Still up and screaming. I thought, well she can't really be hungry I just fed her, but I tried anyway. Nope.
To make matters worse, last night was one of the only nights where Rob had to go to bed early as he had an early start in Squamish which is about 40 min away to be on set.....AND the people downstairs decided to have the music blasting! What a set up for a disaster. I felt really pressured to get her sleeping. Finally after about 3 hours, I changed her and decided to give her some formula. She sank it and fell asleep until 5 am! Still though, mommy is REALLY tired today! Since I can't have dairy, coffee is out of the question..yuck black coffee.
It's just discouraging when you finally have a routine going and think its going all up hill, then a day like this happens. It makes you wonder if its just a bad day or if there's more to it..
Hopefully today she will nap regularly and go back to her routine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment